Thursday, August 1, 2013

Burnham Park’s Update (Part 2)



I love Burnham Park, that’s why I always frequently walk by to view the beautiful flowers and get some fresh air, and of course, be the first to see what’s happening and what are the changes being done to improve its look.

And when there are new things installed or changed I always make sure to snap a picture of it to review it again when I get home and uploaded in my computer.

So, let me share it here for the benefits of those who haven’t seen the area for a long time, especially, those who are working abroad missing the beautiful park as one of their destinations to relax and do their exercises after doing some rounds of jogging around the lake.


The gate being constructed and when finished



The Gate of Burnham Park - located next to Rizal Park


 Visitors are greeted by the sculpture of Mr. Burnham's head  when gets inside the park through the gate


The fences around Burnham Park


The fence construction is through the foundation of Bishop Carlito J. Cenzon


The fountains


The fountains when not working and when working




The Relief Map of CAR
As I was walking towards the Melvin Jones  ground, I saw men busy working at the side, so, I went close and saw what they were doing - The relief Map of CAR(Cordilleara Administrative Region)


Visual view of the Map
The different provinces and cities of the region are seen on the map.

This is found at back of the comfort room next to the main road to hire bicycles


Vandalism at Melvin Jones Grandstand
While  improvements in the city's surroundings is crucial I believe discipline must also be given a focus to not make those expensive improvements to waste when those undisciplined mammals get a hands on them.

The Crown Legacy Hotel
At Kisad road, probably the biggest and most elegant hotel of Baguio city was just finished and is very accessible to Burnham Park.




The two arts of historyfound at Burnham Park

I discovered two structures where  tradition, culture, and history of the Igorots have been carved.  One is next to the lake, and the other one is used as design for one of the stages in Melvin Jones ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment