Saturday, January 12, 2013

Baguio City's Burnham Park Under Renovation

 

We went with my baby girl to Burnham Park late yesterday to let her get her walk as we have done occasionally when she gets bored at home.  As we got into the front of the lake, I saw a banner.  We walked to the banner so I could read what is written.  I was surprised that the park’s lake is under renovation. I did not notice it when we were walking towards the lake.  Though I saw materials for construction, it did not occur to me that the lake is under renovation, probably, because what was on my mind was the lake is in full business of renting boats to the people who want to enjoy its serenity.

When I look straight to the lake, I saw cranes, and backhoes in standby, and the lake has no water and the soil were excavated and partially removed.

I remember that we were here last January 13, 2013 and all the boats were all in business.   I had no idea this was coming.  That’s what happen when one have not tuned in to the radio or TV for years to know what was happening around and those that are bound to happen. 

Anyways, if you’re a tourist planning to come up to Baguio City, or a local resident on the outskirts of Baguio City, planning to go there to enjoy the lake, this shall inform you that you’ll be frustrated.  However, all the other recreations for children like biking, and the others are all working.

Here are some images you will see if you want to go there:

                                                
                                         Figure 1 = A banner about the Burnham Lake renovation


                                         Figure 2


                                          Figure 3  = Equipments at rests


                                         Figure 4 = The boats are grounded


                                          Figure 5



                                          Figure 6  I guess these duck-boats are eager to swim







                                         Figure  7


                                         Figure  8


                                         Figure  9

2 comments:

  1. I am a residence here at Baguio, so when I heard that Baguio City has a planned to renovate the Burnham Lake I was very eager to wait, when they going to start and so exited to see the outcome is.So the situation is not frustrating instead I am happy that the government and residence here at Baguio planned to make Baguio City bloom for more tourist to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not frustrating, in fact it is good to see that it is being cleaned from those mud that accumulated. Yah, we hope this is the beginning of making it like during the times of Imelda Marcos when she really made it a beautiful place for families to enjoy. In 1986, when I was new here in Baguio City, Burnham Park was beautiful with its blooming flowers around.

      Delete